Webscene comments - Public

05-26-2015 08:46 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Does anyone know if Webscene commenting can be made open to the public and not just for arcgisonline members?

It seems that even though the maps are made public, that you need to 'sign in' to make a comment.

Mike

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't know the answer to this. Although the scenes are made in CityEngine, this is more of an ArcGIS.com question. I believe that this is a significant roadblock on use of the commenting feature, and we need a solution.

0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

GeoComments are only possibly when being logged in. Therefore you need to have an AGOL account.

If this were possible publicly, I'm sure some idiot would program a bot/virus that would spam the hell out of geocomments.

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

twitter: @MattB3D

-------------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited

matthias.buehler@garsdaledesign.co.uk

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Matt is right. Maybe we let them use their Facebook or other credentials.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It would be a significant improvement if we could have public login's (either facebook, twitter, arcgisonline or google...etc) to allow for public commenting.

It would be a determining factor of whether or not webscenes are used as part of public engagement, at least at the municipal planning level.

Perhaps there could be a another way to 'administer' commenting on webscenes that would make it more advantageous for public engagement/feedback.

Mike

0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Public participation is a very important topic. Just last week, I taught CityEngine at the Technical University of Vienna and this topic in particular was discussed.

To do this properly, we'd need a lot more different functionality, not just GeoComments. A discussion about any needed features would be very interesting.

Maybe let's start collecting ?

Cheers,

Matt

Matthias Buehler

Head of 3D Technologies

twitter: @MattB3D

-----------------------------------

Garsdale Design Limited

matthias.buehler@garsdaledesign.co.uk

www.garsdaledesign.co.uk

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are there sticky threads here, like in the previous forum site?

0 Kudos
AntjeKunze2
New Contributor II

Hi Mike, we just added a commenting function in CloudCities. Maybe have a look on an example scene with comments: CloudCities We are still in a beta phase and looking for feedback. CloudCities is based on Esri's 3D technology and you can upload your CityEngine web scenes and customize the interface and dashboards. In the moment you have to sign in for the free account in CloudCities to make comments: CloudCities. Maybe this would be also an option to link it with social media login's.

0 Kudos