Using CGA how can I insert a OBJ model over a textured flat shapebase without having the base disappear?

Jump to solution
07-27-2017 11:10 AM
CarlaBernecoli
New Contributor II

Hi all

I am trying to write a rule that assigns a random  ground texture for each lot and inner lot and then inserts on top of them a random OBJ shape  in the centre of each lot (in my case specific houses and towers models I prepared).

Using the insert rule causes my  ground base to disappear though, to be fully replaced by the newly imported OBJ.

I was interested to know if there is a way to keep the base shape from disappearing. (Using the scatter rule instead keeps the base shapes, but the texture disappears from the ground shapes and get assigned to the OBJs which is not what I want to do, the object also appears at a random point on the surface and not in the centre).

Any help or advice is much appreciated

Thanks!What I am trying to do :)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LR
by
Occasional Contributor III

Create two rules, one for texturing the ground, one for inserting the object. Then just reference them both. Like

Lot -->
   GroundRule
   ObjectRule

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LR
by
Occasional Contributor III

Create two rules, one for texturing the ground, one for inserting the object. Then just reference them both. Like

Lot -->
   GroundRule
   ObjectRule
CarlaBernecoli
New Contributor II

Thanks! I'll try it

0 Kudos
SerikRahimzhanovsss
New Contributor

hi! can u help me create rule with OBJ  file? pls

0 Kudos
LR