roofShed generates at half height when the roof index is changed (CE 2017.0)

Jump to solution
09-05-2017 02:20 AM
LR
by
Occasional Contributor III

I'm splitting a simple shape in two and generating shed roofs using byHeight and a value. This works fine on the first split, however when I turn the roof on the second split using the index, the height is cut in half. Bug? Project see attachment.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenLeslie1

I'd suggest that the yellow shape is using the scope of the original shape - try sticking in an alignScopeToGeometry before the roofShed line.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DevinLavigne

That is odd. What do you think the angle of the third split is? Maybe the bug is reverting it back to byAngle 

0 Kudos
BenLeslie1

I'd suggest that the yellow shape is using the scope of the original shape - try sticking in an alignScopeToGeometry before the roofShed line.

LR
by

That does the trick, great!

Additional info: when using an angle, this problem doesn't appear. I calculated it from the B-Split and then stuck the value in the A-Split.

0 Kudos
DavidWasserman

It is surprising how useful that function is. 

David Wasserman, AICP
0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

There is a bug when trying to set the index when using roofShed.  It's good to hear that alignScopeToGeometry() can be a workaround for this bug though.

https://community.esri.com/thread/179731?commentID=645327&et=watches.email.thread#comment-624648 

Weird roofGable behavior on square shapes

0 Kudos