Since a few weeks CE 2017.0 takes up to an hour to start up. Before that it was fine. However, this week it won't start at all. It hangs on the blue CE screen with 20% cpu load and always between 35 and 40 MB of RAM. I have an advanced single use license and meet all the hardware requirements (i7-6820HK, gtx 1070, 32Gb ram). I reinstalled CE and also tried version 2016.1, but the same issue arises. I found this thread https://community.esri.com/thread/60251 and tried the -Dagol solution in the ini.file, but it did not work for me. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Michel.
Try changing the workspace. If that fixes it, it's most likely there's something's wrong with either of the .lib folders and/or perhaps those starting with a dot too. Move them elsewhere, CE will create new ones on startup.
Thank you for your reply. I tried your suggestion. I have multiple workspaces (switching among workspaces also took a long time). I renamed and relocated them. I also removed all .lib folders, but unfortunately it did not help. CE still won't start up. I think my next move will be a fresh install of Windows.
Maybe a more thorough uninstall with a deinstaller software (like Revo) would help, who knows what files are left behind. When reinstalling, point CE to fresh folders (install directory + workspace).
Does a single-use licence require a licence administrator? Perhaps that's the actual culprit.
Are you running any Autodesk software on your system? If so, would you mind listing all Esri and Autodesk software installed? I have run into a similar issue as well.
Same thing started happening to me with a concurrent license. I fixed the issue by deleting the .data file in my FLEXnet folder (for me it was C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet)
I also had a similar issue. I had some type of ArcGIS Administrator issue.
Edit: The issue arose again and I will confirm this resolved the issue. Nuke Flex, and problems just seem to go away.
The FLEXnet data file fix seemed to work for me for a few weeks as well. However, now after solving the issue the first time, I'm still getting a hangup at least once a week and I have to dig around to find a solution every time. Deleting the .data files doesn't seem to solve every time. System restore works, but it's frustrating to have to do this every time. I think there might be a connection to Windows updates...
Thinking on it, you remind me there were other solutions that had me think this was resolved as well in the past and it just resurfaced again. I should clarify that the issue is resolved for now, and I will check in with the forum again if necessary.
The fix proposed byDevin Lavigne can affect the licensing other (Esri) Software as well.
Re-authorization will be needed.