propagating attributes from one imported rule file to the other imported rule file

09-08-2016 06:24 AM
KrystianKwiecinski
New Contributor

Hi,

I am using CE2015.2 and I have a main rule file into which I am importing two additional rule files. I am wondering if it is possible to propagate attribute values calculated by the first imported rule file to the second imported rule file through the main rule file. I know that it is possible to propagate attributes values from the main file to the imported rule files but I can not find a way of propagating attribute values between imported rule files. Even though I can set the value of the imported attributes using set function it does not affect the calculations of that imported rule file later on. It seams that attributes values inside imported rule files can be changed only at importing and all the imported files are being imported at once. Am I right or is there a way of propagating attributes between imported rule files?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KrystianKwiecinski
New Contributor

I had a bug in my rule file. I've checked on a more simple rule files and it is possible to propagate attributes values from one imported rule file to the other imported rule file. 

0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, it is possible.  I'm glad you figured it out.  However, I want to mention that there are few bug fixes related to attribute propagation in imported files, and I would recommend upgrading to CityEngine 2016.1 to get these fixes.

For example, (in case someone is interested in code), this line will set the attribute called height in child1 to the value of height coming from child2.  Both child1 and child2 are imported files.

set(child1.height, child2.height)
0 Kudos