Problem with the Vitruvio Plugin for UE4 4.27

01-19-2022 07:58 PM
GarrettU
New Contributor II

Hi there, I've downloaded the latest version of the plugin and I'm using 4.27.2 and I can't seem to get the plugin working. I had it working on a different machine a few weeks back but on this new machine, I have no luck. I noticed when I place a "Vitruvio Actor" all the details show up except the "Vitruvio Component". I followed the installation guide again and that's as far as I get

When I play my scene the buildings spawn in however I still have the problem of seeing empty spline meshes in the editor and not getting to toggle between the Static Mesh and Spline Mesh options in the details panel

I am using an existing project so I am able to use my old spline meshes to see the buildings when I play my scene. Any new actor I place doesn't give me the component option and changing any pre-existing spline causes ue4 to crash instantly

Thanks!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
BenjaminNeukom
Esri Contributor

Hi @GarrettU, thanks for reaching out!

Are you seeing and errors in the Output Log (Window → Output Log)?

I noticed when I place a "Vitruvio Actor" all the details show up except the "Vitruvio Component".

Can you post a screenshot of how that looks? Does this also happen if you open a new empty Level and place a VitruvioActor from the "Place Actors" panel?

If this does not help. Would it be possible to upload your Unreal project somewhere and send me a link to it so I can do some more debugging?

Best regards,

Benjamin

0 Kudos
GarrettU
New Contributor II

CrashReport.png

NoVitruvioComponent.png

Hey Benjamin,

Here are 2 screenshots. 1 showing the crash report when I try modifying any of the placed Vitruvio Actors and the second screenshot shows what the details panel looks like and you can see the Vitruvio Component section is missing under neath the transforms section

I am using the New York example project and when I play my scene here it generates the models and shows the buildings no problem

Thanks again  

0 Kudos
BenjaminNeukom
Esri Contributor

Hi again @GarrettU

Very strange. I just tried it again with a fresh installation and the New York example and everything seems to work fine. Can you make sure that the plugin version is "2021.0 (CE SDK v2.4.7316" (under Window → Plugins)?

Could you also try with a fresh downloaded example project from Github and check if the same errors occur?

Best,
Benjamin

0 Kudos
GarrettU
New Contributor II

Yeah, it is strange. I tried it again on a different machine and it worked with no problem but the machine I NEED it on still is giving me these issues. And yeah I went into my plugin manager and saw that Im using 2021.0 (CE SDK v2.4.7316

I've reinstalled ue 4.27 and did a complete wipe of all Vitruvio files on the machine and re-installed it. Nothing fixed it though

Are there any other plugins or settings you recommend I have enabled?

0 Kudos
GarrettU
New Contributor II

VitruvioPlugin.png

 Do these plugin properties look correct? The project is a fresh install of the Paris Example Project

0 Kudos
BenjaminNeukom
Esri Contributor

Hi @GarrettU. Thanks again for your response!

I think I found the underlying issue. Would it be possible for you to try out the fixed version Vitruvio 1.1.1?

Just delete the old Vitruvio version from your Engine/Plugins/Marketplace folder and install the version from the link above.

Let me know if the issues still happen with this update.

Thank you and best regards,

Benjamin

0 Kudos
GarrettU
New Contributor II

Hey!

Sorry to take a while to get back to you. I removed all Vitruvio files from my machine and installed the new file into Engine/Plugins/Marketplace and still the same problem occurred.

Weird how when I play my scene the models start to generate. Do you think there is a setting I dont have enabled? I dont think something like that would be the problem but I truly dont know whats going on

Thanks again for the help!

0 Kudos
BenjaminNeukom
Esri Contributor

Hi @GarrettU 

Thanks again for your feedback! I'm not sure of any setting which could interfere.

Would it possible to upload the project where the crash occurs to Dropbox/Google Drive and share the link with me? Maybe I can reproduce the problem this way.

Thanks you for your patience 🙂

Best,
Benjamin 

0 Kudos
GarrettU
New Contributor II

Here is a google drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RiZFGE0LhDg1IyLldZQQ2n16EvTXv_VV/view?usp=sharing

This is just the default New York project.

Let me know if that link works!

0 Kudos