Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem with the Vitruvio Plugin for UE4 4.27

01-19-2022 07:58 PM
GarrettU
Emerging Contributor

Hi there, I've downloaded the latest version of the plugin and I'm using 4.27.2 and I can't seem to get the plugin working. I had it working on a different machine a few weeks back but on this new machine, I have no luck. I noticed when I place a "Vitruvio Actor" all the details show up except the "Vitruvio Component". I followed the installation guide again and that's as far as I get

When I play my scene the buildings spawn in however I still have the problem of seeing empty spline meshes in the editor and not getting to toggle between the Static Mesh and Spline Mesh options in the details panel

I am using an existing project so I am able to use my old spline meshes to see the buildings when I play my scene. Any new actor I place doesn't give me the component option and changing any pre-existing spline causes ue4 to crash instantly

Thanks!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
BenjaminNeukom
Esri Contributor

Thanks!

Yes everything seems to work on my machine... Could you also send me the crash report log file (*.log) which should be found in the directory which opens when you click "click here to view directory" in the crash dialog?

BenjaminNeukom_0-1643153864527.png

And otherwise should also be found in \Saved\Logs folder of the project.

Best,

Benjamin

0 Kudos
GarrettU
Emerging Contributor

So the project doesnt crash anymore when I change the parameters of the VitruvioActor but still no Vitruvio Component or mesh generation in editor

Here is the Log of the project if it helps

0 Kudos
GarrettU
Emerging Contributor

Hey Ben! I found the solution!

You have to have Realtime enabled (CTRL + R) for the buildings to generate in editor

Dont know why it was turned off for me haha

Thanks again for trying to help!

0 Kudos
BenjaminNeukom
Esri Contributor

Hi @GarrettU 

Oh wow I did not know that exists! But it's great to hear that it works now. I think that might also have been the issue for the crashes initially.

Thanks for letting me know!

Best,
Benjamin