Select to view content in your preferred language

Get Map Data Gateway Timeout

Jump to solution
05-04-2022 10:29 AM
RonBar-Ad
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to learn to use cityengine, but every time I try to download map data I get a gateway timeout error.

I sign in successfully, the get map data window pops up correctly, I set extent successfully and click okay. The progress bar appears and works through 'downloading elevation data', then stops at 'downloading map' around 1/3 of the way through, before throwing the error 'gateway timeout'.

I tried reinstalling, connecting through a VPN, restarting my PC, but nothing works.

Here's a screenshot of before the error appears, then the error itself:

RonBarAd_2-1651685268596.png

RonBarAd_0-1651685149513.png

Please let me know if there's a way to avoid this, hopefully it's just some small detail I missed.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
RonBar-Ad
New Contributor II

Thanks! Changing both settings to 2k seems to be working consistently

0 Kudos
JoelSilvermanPhoto
New Contributor

This is still a problem 01/2023, I get "Read Time Out" errors when trying to download the smallest possible map tile in 4K.  It will only download OSM data onto a 2K map.  Is there a fix?IMG_5435.jpeg

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Please Note: The solution only applies to CityEngine 2022.1
More details can be found here: CityEngine 2022.0 and earlier: Get Map Data textur... - Esri Community

Please excuse the inconvenience. 

BrianE1
Occasional Contributor

Did this ever get resolved? I am having this issue.

0 Kudos
CandiseBerard_SAIT
New Contributor

I have been getting this same error for the last 3 days, I decreased to 2k and still yet the error

0 Kudos
TaishaFabricius
Esri Contributor

Hi @CandiseBerard_SAIT We just tested it with 2k and we're not seeing the error. Is this still reproducible for you?
Thanks!

0 Kudos
ayachi
by
New Contributor

Dear team, 

I am facing error with CityEngine when I try to download map with the "Get Map Data” command and when I select 4k resolution : it fail each time with the message “Gateway Time-out” .

It is working when resolution is set to 2K. 

Can you assist me to fix this error please ?

CityEngine version 2022.0.8300 , Winx64 , 256Gb RAM

thanks

0 Kudos
Stefan_Thorn
Occasional Contributor II

@TaishaFabricius The 4K gives the 'Gateway Time-out', the 2K no issues

0 Kudos