Exporting a large model into WebScene

04-21-2019 11:37 PM
JafarNajafli
New Contributor III

I have a model with the size of ~55 mb which I try to export to webscene to be able to do flyovers. But the browser always gives "Insufficient memory" error. I have tried it in 3 different browsers as well as selecting "No texture" and "Compression" options before I export but it does not work. 

What can I do to able to export and view my model in Webscene be it online or offline? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DevinLavigne
Occasional Contributor III

I am assuming you mean a CityEngine Webscene.

Honestly, 55mb is a little big. I have some detailed Webscenes that are way under this - 32mb - Downtown Battle Creek and 21mb - Downtown Oshkosh. You may want to look at optimizing - trees, cars, people, splits, etc... Can you share a link with me?

In any event I have found that sometimes I have one or two shapes that create errors. If I'm using a parcel data set they are often this invisible slivers that are technically getting rules applied to them but they are so small I can't even see them. I would start debugging but selecting only areas of model and exporting those. By process of elimination you should be able to find a buggy shape, or a buggy model that's crashing your scene.

0 Kudos