downloading tutorials and examples

Jump to solution
10-02-2012 01:56 PM
JoanneO_Brien
Occasional Contributor
I keep on running into issues when downloading the tutorials and examples into the new CityEngine 2012.1 Advanced. I'm downloading them through the help on CityEngine, and originally I tried to download them all at once, but ran into trouble there, after about four folders it would get stuck. Eventually managed to get all the tutorials downloaded but it's having a lot of trouble with the examples, especially with the Damaged City example which has caused an error quite a few times and still wont download.

I've also noticed that it takes about a minute for the download box to first appear when I click on it, is this normal?

On that note I also notice is takes a very long time for the new CityEngine to load up initially as well, is this also normal? Just want to check that it's not an issue with my computer since it's brand new with a solid state drive etc so technically should be fast!

Regards

Joanne
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JasicaJhon
New Contributor
When you download the online tutorial, you get everything that's in the java.sun.com version of the tutorial �?? examples, HTML pages, images �?? the whole shebang....
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
When you download the online tutorial, you get everything that's in the java.sun.com version of the tutorial �?? examples, HTML pages, images �?? the whole shebang....

What steps are you precisely doing ? Downloading where from and what's in the package ?

I need to reproduce the issue ..

Let me know !

Matt
0 Kudos