Does CityEngine WebViewer work on iPad?

Jump to solution
01-27-2014 01:04 PM
PJNabors
Occasional Contributor
Can we use CityEngine WebViewer to navigate through our ArcScene 3D model on an iPad?  (Don't have CityEngine yet to try it)
I saw in the help files: "CityEngine Web Viewer is currently not supported on mobile platforms." but didn't know if that just meant phones.
Thanks,
PJ
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi,

yes, currently this is not supported on tablets either. though you can stay informed via upcoming esri conferences and announcements.

matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi,

yes, currently this is not supported on tablets either. though you can stay informed via upcoming esri conferences and announcements.

matt
0 Kudos
PJNabors
Occasional Contributor
Thanks.  Hopefully Apple will allow their WebGL capable Safari browser in an upcoming iPad release.
0 Kudos
JeffreyUtter
Occasional Contributor
From the WebGL community, http://www.khronos.org/webgl/wiki/Getting_a_WebGL_Implementation
it is...."SafariWebGL is supported on Mac OS X 10.6 in the WebKit nightly builds or in Safari 5.x and above

After downloading, installing, and the browser, you can enable WebGL through the Develop menu. To enable the Develop menu, go to Safari->Preferences and on the Advanced tab ensure that the "Show Develop menu in menu bar" checkbox has been checked.

Once the Develop menu is enabled WebGL support can be toggled with the Develop->Enable WebGL menu option."
0 Kudos
ElliotHartley
Occasional Contributor
SmartBetterCities have the viewer working on an iPad but I think you need it in developer mode.

I know it's not an iPad but CityEngine webscene viewer does work on Android devices, (Chrome certainly).   My Nexus 7 can just about view 3D scenes!   I'd probably wait for official support or get a more powerful mobile device..

Elliot
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Mac OS X 10.6 "

10.6 is the Desktop OS. iPads run on iOS..
0 Kudos
xinlongliu
New Contributor II
SmartBetterCities have the viewer working on an iPad but I think you need it in developer mode.

I know it's not an iPad but CityEngine webscene viewer does work on Android devices, (Chrome certainly).   My Nexus 7 can just about view 3D scenes!   I'd probably wait for official support or get a more powerful mobile device..

Elliot

do you mean the Nexus 7 could display the webscene?
0 Kudos
ElliotHartley
Occasional Contributor
do you mean the Nexus 7 could display the webscene?

A special blog post just for you... "Does the CityEngine WebViewer viewer work on a Nexus 7 (2012)?", basically yes but you'd be better off on a much more powerful device.   Before you do anything get it tested first.

Hope this helps

Elliot
0 Kudos