How to set up the section of comments

02-10-2014 03:20 AM
xinlongliu
New Contributor II
The 2013 CE has a new section--comments.I want to know how to set up this section.[ATTACH=CONFIG]31282[/ATTACH]
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

When you have a WebScene open, you have a 'Help' link on top in the WebViewer, which takes you here:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcgisonline/010q/010q000000nz000000.htm

There, scroll down to 'Comments pane'..

Ok ?

matt
0 Kudos
xinlongliu
New Contributor II
Hi !

When you have a WebScene open, you have a 'Help' link on top in the WebViewer, which takes you here:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcgisonline/010q/010q000000nz000000.htm

There, scroll down to 'Comments pane'..

Ok ?

matt

Can i have the section 0f the comments if i published the Web Scene in my Website?
0 Kudos
AndreasUlmer
Esri Contributor
Can i have the section 0f the comments if i published the Web Scene in my Website?

CityEngine Web Viewer comments are only available on 3ws scenes that are stored on ArcGIS Online, or on an installation of Portal for ArcGIS.
0 Kudos
xinlongliu
New Contributor II
CityEngine Web Viewer comments are only available on 3ws scenes that are stored on ArcGIS Online, or on an installation of Portal for ArcGIS.

is there possible to set up the comments on the 3ws scenes that are stored on my Website in the future with the help of the CE SDK?
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi,

The CityEngine SDK is something entirely different > This is not possible.

[ The CityEngine SDK is 'CityEngine's core functionality that generates the models based on a shape and a rule package. ]

Matt
0 Kudos
xinlongliu
New Contributor II
Hi,

The CityEngine SDK is something entirely different > This is not possible.

[ The CityEngine SDK is 'CityEngine's core functionality that generates the models based on a shape and a rule package. ]

Matt

yes,i know.If i don't publish the web scene to ArcGIS-Online,how to set up the section of  the comments in the scenes
0 Kudos
ElliotHartley
Occasional Contributor
yes,i know.If i don't publish the web scene to ArcGIS-Online,how to set up the section of  the comments in the scenes

Without significant modification of the webscene offline viewer code you can not accept comments unless you are using ArcGIS online.   SmartBetterCities as far as I am aware have done something on this.
0 Kudos