Display Error

03-13-2013 10:04 AM
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Hi Matthias!!

I have a question, I imported DFX file into scene, than I used rules to color the site plan, suddenly today when I opened the file the site plan that was colored using rules "blinks" with grey triangles, I noticed when I created a new shape everything works well, but the site plan (dfx) that was imported seems to not work property.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22580[/ATTACH]

Lukasz
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi .. That's 'zFighting', where coplanar faces produce those artifacts. That's normal.

- Toggle F11 to make the shapes visible / invisible.
- Maybe play with the camera's focal point. Select a shape and press 'f' to frame the object.

Does this help ?

Let me know..
0 Kudos
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
Hi Matthias,

When I press F11 all the shapes disappear, also when I export it into Web Scene all screen is blinking, it never happened before that's why I thought  maybe there is something wrong with my graphic card? maybe after updates something happened?

It use to work well before,

Lukasz
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi .. did you upgrade to windows 8 ?
0 Kudos
LukeCzar
New Contributor III
No 🙂 it is still Win 7 , but before some updates everything was working fine, so I wasn't sure if it's the updates or my City Engine Settings, I guess I will have to create polygons out of Autocad (but not to save it to DXF) but gdb (useing FME) and bring it to CE as *.gdb file this technique used to work.

Thanks!!!

Lukasz
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
hmm.. maybe:

- delete the .CityEngine folder in your user home ( while CE is closed )
- create a new workspace
- reinstall CE if the upper do not help.
0 Kudos