Change origin point of shape and translate it

02-18-2018 10:21 AM
IonutAlixandroae4
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I have a question regarding shape manipulation in CGA. I have used a rule that generates a footprint inside a parcel based on a coverage value (e.g.: a footprint inside an original parcel that occupies 50% of it).

Below is a print screen of it.

Coverage footprint

As you can see, the yellow shape is the footprint generated that occupies a certain percent of the initial geometry (the white parcel). The thing is that the footprint is placed at a certain origin (here is 1);

I would like to know how can I move the footprint at other origins like 0, 2, or 3, and also to be able to translate the footprint a certain value from the specified sides? 

I would like to have like a drop down list in which to choose one of the four origins that would move the footprint`s origin and four attributes that would move the footprins from the specified side

I have tried with functions like setback but I cannot make the function recognize the four sides.

Also, to change the origin I`ve tried the function about scope and pivots but I do not think I have understood very well..

Thank you !

Ionut

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

You can move the footprint by translating the geometry first using t() and then resizing the geometry afterwards.  When translating, you can use the apostrophe (ex: '1, '0.5) to move it a relative amount, or you can use scope.sx, scope.sy, scope.sz.

t Operation 

scope Shape Attribute 

0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

To make a drop down list from which the user can select a value, you can create an attribute and use the @Range annotation.

Annotations 

0 Kudos