CGA Rule adding wireframes?

12-03-2015 06:37 AM
deleted-user-OlpHy1NoMNug
Occasional Contributor II

Does anyone have a CGA rule or otherwise know how to add wireframes that will remain upon export (either .dae or multipatch)?  I'm trying to take the following model and export to lumenrt but since the model doesn't have materials you can't get a real sense of the articulation of the building.

Scott

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Scott.

You could try coloring all the edges black (this creates extra geometry) for all the geometry in the building.

BuildingPart -->

// do stuff to make building part

Geometry.          // add this line to make sure geometry is generated as well as the wireframe

Wireframe

Wireframe -->

comp(e) { all : color(0, 0, 0) Edge. }

But, I feel like using a rule to create extra geometry is not the best way to go because seeing the wireframe should be controlled by a visualization mode property and not by adding extra geometry.  The best solution would be if there is a wireframe visualization mode in LumenRT, but you probably wouldn't ask this question if this is the case.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-OlpHy1NoMNug
Occasional Contributor II

Cheryl,

Thanks for your help.  Unfortunately I'm quite green when it comes to CGA coding. What do you mean by the building part?  I'm using an imported .dae, converting it to shapes, making a few edits to it and then running a simple shape to model rule (Shape--> color (1,1,1)). 

Where/how should I add the wireframe coding?

0 Kudos
CherylLau
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Scott.

I'd like to emphasize again that the best solution would be to turn on wireframe visualization in LumenRT instead of adding extra geometry to your models.  Adding extra geometry increases the complexity of the scene unnecessarily, duplicates edges, and may not even look good when rendered.

However, if you just need a hacky solution, you can apply the rule as follows to your shapes:

Shape -->

ColoredShape

Wireframe

ColoredShape -->

color(1, 1, 1)

Wireframe -->

comp(e) { all : color(0, 0, 0) Edge. }

0 Kudos