Building texture shaping

03-26-2014 10:57 PM
Divya_UdayanJ
New Contributor
Using facade wizard, i tried to create a rule file and import the rule to create a new building. But while splitting the building texture to floors, i found out that the roof portion which contains an arch like component cannot be split individually. The final outcome is that the created building does not look realistic.

My question is , whether there is any method or tool to re-shape the building texture before splitting the texture into floors. The attached images will provide more insight into my question.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi,

The Facade Wizard always starts on a texture and does not alter it..

What precisely would you want to alter ?

m.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: divya_udayan

I understand that texture cannot be altered using facade wizard.

My purpose is to shape the roof portion as it is in real buildings. I find in the tutorial that the building is beautifully reconstructed using facade wizard, but my trial with the tutorial does not give the desired building roof portion. I want it as in the tutorial. That is why i think there might have been some shaping in the roof portion while making the tutorial-13. Please see the attached file 'top portion.jpg'
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi,

I made that tutorial back then ..

I believe it's a transparency issue. Are you hiding the shapes ? Are you using the original texture with transparency ?

the correct repetitions have to be done with the correct split setup.

the facade wizard's still a bit tricky to use.. I know, but once you understand how it works, it can help a lot !

Matt
0 Kudos