Attribute export

10-25-2012 04:06 AM
MHarrison
New Contributor
Hello,

I have a rule set (in a single cga file) used to model a single building - that uses a large number of rule-defined stochastic attributes.

I would like to generate a large number of instances of this model, but be able to record the values generated for each attribute. Is there a way to export a simple tabulated output of what the attributes are for each instance?

Thanks,

Matt
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hey and welcome to the Forum.

If you want to export the models with the attributes, you can do this, but only if you export to .gdb.

To do so, you have to report the attrs in CGA code. Check the tutorials on reporting.

If you want to export the attrs to an other file format such as FBX, it is not possible at the moment other than writing out the metadata to a text file, as described in the Script Based Export Tutorial.

Let me know ..

Matt
0 Kudos
AshutoshKumar
New Contributor
Hi,
Is it possible to  export the models in collada format with information like longitude/latitude and attributes.please provide me an help for  writing out the metadata to a text file, as described in the Script Based Export Tutorial.

Thanks
Ashutosh
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi Ashutosh,

I'd say you should export to KML then. KML is basically a collada file with georeferencing info.

Very straight forward and easy.

Ok ?

Matt
0 Kudos
AshutoshKumar
New Contributor
Hi Matt
Thank's for reply. Is it possible to export the models with the attributes details in KML OR COLLADA.

Ashutosh
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi,

We do not have attribute support for Collada files ( thus also kml files ). I'm not even sure if any application actually reads those attributes.

An other way you could try - which supports attribute export - is to export 'MultiPatches' into an Esri geodatabase (.gdb). Possibly, from there, you can continue and convert that data further on to attributed Collada files, but that I don't know myself. Maybe ask support@esri.com

Ok ?

Matt
0 Kudos