Aligning Problem

05-14-2019 08:00 AM
BurakAydin1
New Contributor III

Hello there,

I have a problem. As soon as I click "Align shapes to Terrain", my shapefile rectifies and falls down the edge.

In the first picture(Border_Issue1) you can see that all shapefiles have the right size, in the second picture(Border_Issue) you can see the mentioned problem.

Does anyone have the same problem and can help me? Thomas FuchsChris WilkinsElliot HartleyDavid WassermanGeoff TaylorL RCheryl LauMatthias BuehlerMichelle Mathias

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Burak,

Try one of the Translate options. Project will cause the effect you see if any of a shape's vertices extend past the edge of the terrain.

Chris

0 Kudos
BurakAydin1
New Contributor III

Hi Chris,

thank you for your quick answer. However, the problem persists.

In the beginning everything worked fine, see the picture below(it's my backup-file). But after I created a .3ws file for the Cityengine Web Viewer, the problem occurs strangely.

Burak

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Burak Aydin

Can you pleas provide a screenshot of the CityEngine Web Viewer scene?

Is it really the shape files that are wrong?

Or does the terrain itself look strange?

Thanks for your help!

Thomas F

0 Kudos
BurakAydin1
New Contributor III

Hi Thomas,

in the appendix you can find the screenshots. You can see the Cityengine scene and the terrain (DGM1&2) as a whole and close up.

I don't know if it can be because of the terrain. The strange thing is that everything worked fine in the beginning, but now this aligning problem arises when i want to add new shapefiles.

Burak

0 Kudos
BurakAydin1
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I found my mistake. The shapefiles were polygons and after I converted them into multipatches everything works fine again.

I don't know if this is the general solution now, but in my case it works fine.

Thanks for your replies and help

Burak

0 Kudos