Select to view content in your preferred language

Infographics made me N/D and 0 data

01-11-2024 06:27 AM
JasonBOCQUET
Occasional Contributor III

Hello community.

Before explain my problem, i will explain the context of my goal.

I have 3 source of data :

A) Position of building (point data)

B) IRIS Cost Road Data (polygon data)

C) IRIS Renovation Road Data (polygon data)

The goal is simple : by the position of building, i use in a WebApp builder the Analysis widget with the "Create Drive Time Areas" tool to create 10 minutes-isochrone of  driving truck around each building.

After the isochrone was created and display on the webmap, i have to click on them to select all of the isochrone and click on the Business Analyst Widget to execute my infographic.

My problem is the following : I want by selecting the isochrone area created by the "Create Drive Time Areas" to get the information present in many field in the data source B and C (who was information about road agregate at the IRIS administration division in France).

In my infographic model i have create all of the custom data to get the correct fields from the B and C data source, but when I select my isochrone on the map and launch the infographic widget, in results I have only N/D and 0 and I don't understand why.

Anyone can help me please ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JasonBOCQUET,

I have the following questions for you to understand the problem:

1. Does the infographic return the expected values in the Business Analyst Web App (bao.arcgis.com)?
  2. I see that you are still using the old Business Analyst widget in Web AppBuilder. Does the same issue happens in the BA widget in Experience Builder?
  3. Have you reviewed this blog? https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-business-analyst-blog/best-practices-when-sharing-and-running/b...

Thanks,

Fasil T.

BA Team

0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET

Hello @FasilTiru 

Here is my answer :

1) the infographic returns N/A data in the business analyst web app.

2) I didn't test in EXB but since the problem is in the BAO App, there is no necessity to try with exb.

3) yes i found this link yesterday when i see if i can have a solution before to write a post here but it doesn't resolve the problem.

I import my data following this steps : Add Data > Configuring Custom Data > Start Configuration > Existing layer > Search Layer > I choice the layer in my content > Add > Selecting Polygon Layer > Next > I drag and drop the field that I want in this 

JasonBOCQUET_0-1705049527051.png

and i save my configuration.

the sharing is correctly activated : 

JasonBOCQUET_1-1705049585465.png

and the feature layer concerned is sharing with my organization too.

JasonBOCQUET_2-1705049635763.png

If i can't myself see data when i try the infographic in the BAO app, i think the issue is not caused by the sharing of items.

Do you have another idea ? 

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

@JasonBOCQUET 

I found this sample layer in France and tried to reproduce the issue you mentioned. 

FasilTiru_0-1705096654474.png

I created the custom data > added the variables to my infographics > the results show the expected values for a drive time area.

FasilTiru_1-1705096736579.png

I also testing with two different data sources (custom data) and confirmed the infographic works fine. 

FasilTiru_3-1705097459972.png

Therefore, we need to troubleshoot why this is not working for you when using your own layer.

Here are some suggestions:

1. Create your infographic with only one data source (custom data) at a time and test. The infographic will return N/A for all variables if there is a problem with one of the multiple data sources. This will help you isolate which data source is causing the problem. 

2. Make sure the drive time (or any site) you create and use to run infographics intersects your custom data. For example, just use your custom data to create a color-coded map and make sure it works fine and then the area coverage overlaps your site. 

FasilTiru_2-1705097049865.png

If your site does intersect the custom data coverage, you will get N/A results in the infographic.

You can also share your data sources with me directly and I can take a look.

Thanks,

Fasil

0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET

Hello @FasilTiru thanks for your answer.

For your first point, i've already test by isolating one of my data source to try if I get N/D. I try this with two different data source isolated turn by turn. But i get again a N/D results in my infographics.

I've tried to export my features in a file geodatabase, take care of my parameters in BA to don't make a mistake, but it doesn't change nothing.

For your second point, i don't think it's the problem because i try to test my infographic IN business analyst map by adding my layers and selecting 3-4 polygons and it doesn't work in this step. 

So, if it doesn't work in the BAO map by selecting polygons, it seems to be clear that is not the drive time area the problem.

I'm interested by sharing to you my data, how can I do that ?

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

@JasonBOCQUET Let me send you a direct message and you can share your data and infographics with me.

0 Kudos