Unable to install ios installation file (Cloud Make)

Jump to solution
10-31-2019 03:26 PM
OrloDennison
New Contributor III

Hi

I successfully created ios and android installation files using Cloud Make in App Studio 4.0.93. The android installation file loads onto android devices fine, however the ios installation package is producing an error. The application shows to be installed on the device but when you try to open it, it presents an "Unable to Install - Please try again later." error. 

Question - do I need to generate the ios installation files (using cloud make) from an ios machine?

Cheers,

Orlo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Orlo,

The error message in the above screenshot "Provisioning profile is not an iOS in house profile" indicates that the distribution method has not been set correctly in AppStudio settings. Can you please check if the correct iOS Distribution type has been set in AppStudio settings -> platforms -> iOS -> Distribution method ?

cc: Erwin Soekianto

Thanks

Shobana

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OrloDennison
New Contributor III

Looks like there's an issue with the certificate. When I used Cloud Make on an IOS machine it spat out a certificate error

ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Orlo, 

No, you can but you don't need a Mac machine to generate iOS installation files from Cloud Make, you can also do this from AppStudio Desktop in Windows and Linux as well because AppStudio is a cross-platform native app development platform. 

Do you have the proper certificate for the iOS Cloud Make? You can set this up in Settings > Platforms > iOS. 

Can you give us more information about the app and the iOS device? I have just tried this with a proper certificate using our MapViewer template in iPhone 8 iOS version 13.2, and it works fine. 

Thank you,

Erwin

0 Kudos
OrloDennison
New Contributor III

Thanks Erwin. When using Cloud Make on the IOS machine it showed this error - which could explain why once the Quick Report app was loaded onto the device it was continually 'waiting'. Tested using an Ipad Pro 9.7 running IOS version 13.1.3

As I mentioned in my previous post, the certificate was fine and showed no errors when used in the Cloud Make process using a windows machine.

Thanks,

Orlo

0 Kudos
ShobanaSuresh
Esri Contributor

Hi Orlo,

The error message in the above screenshot "Provisioning profile is not an iOS in house profile" indicates that the distribution method has not been set correctly in AppStudio settings. Can you please check if the correct iOS Distribution type has been set in AppStudio settings -> platforms -> iOS -> Distribution method ?

cc: Erwin Soekianto

Thanks

Shobana

0 Kudos
OrloDennison
New Contributor III

Thanks Shobana

Yes, we identified that the distribution method was defaulting to 'Enterprise'. We updated it to 'App Store' and now the certificate works fine.