QuickReport Template Errors At Add Details Page (Clicking Summary Button)

Jump to solution
04-17-2021 06:23 PM
GarrettRSmith
Occasional Contributor II

Hello

I am using the QuickReport template and when I am trying to test it on my mobile phone (Apple iPhone SE iOS 14.4.2) the app quits and exits out when I click the Summary button on the bottom of the Add Details page. It works perfectly on my laptop when I test it. I even tried my wife's mobile phone (Apple iPhone 12 iOS 14.4.2) and it does the same thing when clicking on the Summary button.

I have deleted ESRI's Player multiple times, deleted the survey and re-uploaded it, cleared all the settings, etc... I have also logged into Player and logged out, tried uploading from ArcGIS Online and scanning the QR code to reload. Nothing seems to work and it quits every time I press the Summary button.

Everything was working perfectly on my mobile phone all this week until today when I changed the Feature Layer that will be used to collect data. Could I have messed something up in the process? It would be weird that it would error out at the Add Details page and not the Submit page if there is a problem with the Feature Layer. I am attaching pics on the feature layer so you might be able to tell me what is wrong. 

I am not using AppStudio 5.0 as I started this app a long time ago and do not want to loose the progress by having to make an entirely new one. But, maybe updating to 5.0 will resolve this issue?

Please if anyone has had this problem or can suggest a way to fix it let me know. I need to get this project out the door this week. Everything was looking so promising, but now it seems I am back at the beginning.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@GarrettRSmith 

Is this issue happening using built app running on iPhone or running inside AppStudio Player on iPhone? If Player, what version of the Player? 

One thing I could think of that changed recently was the release of AppStudio 5.0, with this release, the Cloud Make and AppStudio Player on your iPhone will automatically updated to 5.0, there is a chance this might be related to this update. 

It is worth trying to run this inside AppStudio Player 5.0 (it does not matter what platform), and see if you are seeing the same issue, if yes, you might need to download AppStudio 5.0 and see about fixing that. 

This blog highlight some of the changes that might impact your app built using the previous version, https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/appstudio/announcements/whats-new-in-arcgis-appstudio-vers... 

Erwin. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

@GarrettRSmith 

Is this issue happening using built app running on iPhone or running inside AppStudio Player on iPhone? If Player, what version of the Player? 

One thing I could think of that changed recently was the release of AppStudio 5.0, with this release, the Cloud Make and AppStudio Player on your iPhone will automatically updated to 5.0, there is a chance this might be related to this update. 

It is worth trying to run this inside AppStudio Player 5.0 (it does not matter what platform), and see if you are seeing the same issue, if yes, you might need to download AppStudio 5.0 and see about fixing that. 

This blog highlight some of the changes that might impact your app built using the previous version, https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/appstudio/announcements/whats-new-in-arcgis-appstudio-vers... 

Erwin. 

0 Kudos
GarrettRSmith
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Erwin

Thanks for the response. I actually downloaded both AppStudio and AppPlayer 5.0, redid the app, and now everything works fine. I should have downloaded the AppStudio anyways before I planned to deploy the app anyhow. 

I am just getting comfortable with all of this thanks to the community's help.

Have a great one.

0 Kudos