Local make Settings

Jump to solution
08-04-2015 01:26 AM
RobertZsugya1
New Contributor II

Hello there,

Can you please help me with setting up the Local make settings for Appstudio desktop. I had made a test application and I had tried to build an Android installer via AppStudio make local. Unfortunately, I can't build it because I don't know which is the appropriate qmake executable for Android. I installed all the required SDK, ndk, jdk etc. but I don't know what to choose in Local make Settings.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

The qmake files are located in your Qt 5.4.1.Kit install location.

For example, the qmake file for Android can be found in the Qt5.4.1/5.4/android_armv7/bin folder.

The IFW Install Folder location is asking for the install location of the Qt Installer Framework (e.g., Qt/IFW2.0.1).

Let know if you still having trouble building,

Hannah

View solution in original post

8 Replies
HannahFerrier

The qmake files are located in your Qt 5.4.1.Kit install location.

For example, the qmake file for Android can be found in the Qt5.4.1/5.4/android_armv7/bin folder.

The IFW Install Folder location is asking for the install location of the Qt Installer Framework (e.g., Qt/IFW2.0.1).

Let know if you still having trouble building,

Hannah

RobertZsugya1
New Contributor II

Thank you for your fast reply, Hannah!

I still got some errors while I'm trying to build an android application. Attached to this reply, you can see the log file resulted from the building process. Do you have any idea why am I getting this error?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
HannahFerrier

While I look through your build log - could I ask you to run the post-install tool?

This script can be found in the ~/Applications/ArcGIS/AppStudio/sdk/ideintegration folder. It will make sure that all of the AppStudio files are properly integrated with your Qt 5.4.1 installation.

Could you please run this script and build again and let me know if it helps?

Hannah

RobertZsugya1
New Contributor II

I had run the post-install tool before and I rerun it again now, but no success. Below you can see the log file.

Thanks again for your support!

Robert

0 Kudos
HannahFerrier

Hello Robert,

Are you using the same output folder for each of your builds?

I would recommend creating new output folders for each build, or completely deleting the previous folder before attempting another build.

Thanks,

Hannah

RobertZsugya1
New Contributor II

Hello there,

I tried to use a different folder.. but no positive result returned. I don't know what to say. Is there a possibility to need some special admin right? I use a corporate machine that needs special right when you want to install/uninstall things.

Thanks,

Robert

0 Kudos
HannahFerrier

A couple of things to try: 

Build in QtCreator

1 - Browse to the output folder of your failed build. There, you should find a Project folder with an appstudioapp.pro file inside it. Open this file in QtCreator.

2 - Make sure that QtCreator is pointing to your Android Kit and run the following tools from the Build menu:

• Run qmake
  • Rebuild Project

Build in Admin Command Prompt

1 - Browse to the output folder of your failed build. There you should find a Scripts folder with a build-android.bat file inside it.

2 - Open a Command Prompt as an Administrator. Browse to the above location and run the bat file.

Please let me know if you are able to successfully build your project using either (or both) of these methods. This will help us to further narrow down your build issues.

Thanks,

Hannah

ManishSharma4
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am also trying to build local make in appstudio for ArcGIS and getting the error as - 

Building Android package using ant.
Using ant: C:/Users/abc/Desktop/Test/Android/apache-ant-1.10.1/bin/ant.bat
Buildfile: build.xml does not exist!
The system cannot find the path specified.

Can you please suggest, What is the wrong? Appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos