Importing QtQuick 2.12 (not downloaded)

Jump to solution
12-11-2018 10:16 AM
SarahFox1
New Contributor III

Good afternoon!

I've been reading and following along with the Qt documentation (Use Case - Responding To User Input in QML | Qt 5.12  (first example for touch events)) and I copy/paste and when I go to import QtQuick 2.12, I get an error, saying that QtQuick 2.12 isn't downloaded.

Does downloading AppStudio for the desktop, not come with this version of QtQuick?  Or did I download it wrong (which I'm sure I somehow did because I don't have examples on the examples page (but even after re-downloading it from scratch, I still didn't)).  If I did download it wrong, how can I go about fixing this - because I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it (just hitting Next a lot).  If it doesn't come with it - is there a way to get it?  I went to the Qt website, and I only saw a trial or a huge payment - so I just ran away from that mess.

Thank you for any help!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Sarah, 

The current released version of AppStudio Desktop (v 3.1.134) comes with Qt Framework version 5.11.1. We are working on adding the Qt Framework version 5.12.x for the coming release. So for the example that you are following you can just simply change the version of QtQuick to 2.11 and it should work. 

import QtQuick 2.11

Except for the "TapHandler" component, doc, that is part of the QtQuick 2.12, in which you can use other alternatives for example "MouseArea", doc 

Thank you,

Erwin

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ErwinSoekianto
Esri Regular Contributor

Sarah, 

The current released version of AppStudio Desktop (v 3.1.134) comes with Qt Framework version 5.11.1. We are working on adding the Qt Framework version 5.12.x for the coming release. So for the example that you are following you can just simply change the version of QtQuick to 2.11 and it should work. 

import QtQuick 2.11

Except for the "TapHandler" component, doc, that is part of the QtQuick 2.12, in which you can use other alternatives for example "MouseArea", doc 

Thank you,

Erwin

SarahFox1
New Contributor III

Thank you very much!  That worked!