AppStudio for ArcGIS / Map memory leaks

01-09-2017 10:14 AM
RodrigoPintos
New Contributor II

Hi, I am developing a qml/js application with appstudio for arcgis v 1.3.46.
I noticed that the memory is not released properly after I push/pop a simple .qml view that has a map into an stackview .

In my android phone the application crashes after using it for a while.

I attached a video where you can see the application running in windows 10 and the task manager.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Why do you have a map directly within a StackView?In our QuickReport template we have a page with a Map (WebMap for 1.3 version) control. We have no issues while using Stackview push and pop. Have you looked at the QuickReport template source code? Are you having memory issues without the MapControl also while using StackView?

Nakul

0 Kudos
RodrigoPintos
New Contributor II

Hi Nakul, thank you for the answer.

I do not have a map directly within the StackView, MyMap.qml is a Rectangle which has a Map Control as a child.

stackView
.push({destroyOnPop:true, item: Qt.resolvedUrl("MyMap.qml")})

I'm running the QuickReport application in my pc (windows 10) and i noticed the same behaviour.

I also run it on my android phone which has not too much memory and after using it for a while it crashes.

Let me see if i can upload both videos

0 Kudos
RodrigoPintos
New Contributor II

Nakul, 

Without Map control I'm not having any memory issue after push/pop.

0 Kudos
SathyaPrasad
Esri Contributor

We will look into this and get back.

cc: 

AMathur-esristaff

SSuresh-esristaff

0 Kudos
RodrigoPintos
New Contributor II

QuickReport running on windows 10 operative system machine

NManocha-esristaff

0 Kudos
MeganWinnenberg
New Contributor II

Were you able to get this resolved? I am running into similar issues.

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I am still investigating this. We need to figure out if the isssue lies in Qt Stackview side or  ArcGIS Runtime or AppStudio side. One thing we need to remember that the app is persisting the input data (images, text, controls, location etc) when we go back and forth between the pages of the stackview. Hence it is expected to have some memory increase. In other words we are not destroying the page and starting a fresh one every time we load the same page with the stackview. Are you also experiencing a crash on iOS or Android?

I'll keep you posted.

Nakul

0 Kudos
MeganWinnenberg
New Contributor II

Ok. Thanks for investigating this. It is crashing on iOS and Android.

nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Megan, Rodrigo,

Can you guys please test this issue again using the latest the QuickReport (QR) template? For that you must upgrade to AppStudio 2.0. I have tested on my end and the latest release of QR is based on Runtime 100.1 and I am seeing huge improvement in the Map control as far as memory usage goes. Everytime I pop the stackview page with Map control the memory goes down and then loading the Map control again the memory comes back up to almost same level as before which wasn't the case using the old runtime Map control which was used to write the 1.3 and 1.4 version of QR.

Please confirm whenever you guys get chance.

Thanks,

Nakul

0 Kudos