AppStudio + ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1

08-19-2020 12:18 AM
RaptorSaker
New Contributor

Hello,

I have a production environment  Enterprise Portal 10.7.1 and a developer subscription. 

I want to customise a field App using AppStudio and share it with my organisation. Is AppStudio compatible with Enterprise 10.7.1? 

Can  I assign an AppStudio Developer Edition license to a user in my Portal 10.7.1? is there licence Addon? 

Thanks a lot.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisLeSueur
Esri Contributor

Yes, you can use AppStudio with your ArcGIS Enterprise, it is possible to have Esri customer service move your "AppStudio Developer Edition" license to your ArcGIS Enterprise account.  Although it is possible to move the license to your Enterprise Account, in almost every situation I would suggest NOT doing this. some things to consider...

With AppStudio you can deliver apps to the end user by creating a stand-alone install of the app or through the AppStudio Player application. 

• Stand-alone installs
    • To create a stand-alone install of the app requires that the AppStudio Cloud Make build service can get access to the app project and that your app AppStudio Developer License resides in either your ArcGIS Developer Subscription account or in an ArcGIS Online account. If you move the license to your ArcGIS Enterprise account you will lose access to the AppStudio Cloud Make service to create the stand-alone app installs.
  • AppStudio Player

In summary, I would suggest keeping your AppStudio Developer License in your Developer Subscription account so that you have the option to use the Cloud Make make service to build your apps. The apps you create will still have access to the data and maps of your ArcGIS Enterprise, they are just being developed in the Developer Subscription account.  If you would like to share app with members of your org using AppStudio player you can simply transfer/copy the app from your developer subscription to your ArcGIS Enterprise account using AppStudio Desktop.  (in AppStudio Desktop "Duplicate" your app project and then login with your Enterprise account and save the new copy).

I hope this helps answer your questions.  Please let me know if you have any further questions.

-Chris

RaptorSaker
New Contributor

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply, very helpful.

For test, I kept AppStudio Developer License in my Developer Subscription account to customize the branding of survey 123 and deploy it in Google Play store using make cloud tool. It works fine, thanks.

I publish my survey form in my Portal (ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1). When I download and launch the my app for Android and try to connect to my portal I have Error : 400 Invalid client_id.  Which is comprehensive because the app do not know my portal. I try to add my portal URL in the redirect URL of the app but don’t work. Have you please any idea?

This application is public crowd sourcing citizen for conservation of animal. So when people download the app and click “Connection” I want to let them create their credential if they don’t have.  Is it possible to let them create credential and will be add to my portal automatically?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

0 Kudos