Select to view content in your preferred language

Sink AxToolBarControl to Silverlight map

11-10-2010 07:49 AM
BenSher1
New Contributor
I'm creating a wpf engine application and really want to use a silverlight/wpf map control, instead of the engine map control. i need to stick with engine and their toolbar control, is there anyway to sink an engine axtoolbarcontrol to a silverlight/wpf map?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AliMirzabeigi
New Contributor
You can use a similar approach as in the following SDK sample; it contains basic navigation tools that are included in the engine toolbar control:
http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/samples/start.htm#ToolBarWidget
0 Kudos
BenSher1
New Contributor
But as far as plugging in my custom arcengine tools into it, there's no way to interact with a silverlight map from an arcengine tool?
0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
You should consider the two frameworks two VERY different frameworks. They are not designed to work together. If your AE toolbar was designed to work with an AE map control, there is no way to get it to work with the WPF Map control.
In general any AE you do, you will need to "convert" between the two frameworkks, like for instance geometry types etc. I know some people have taken advantage of the much larger AE framework to for instance do complex spatial operations, or create custom dynamic layers that uses AE for doing ExportMap operations against an MXD, etc.
0 Kudos