Select to view content in your preferred language

UniqueValueRenderer Catch All

11-11-2010 06:17 AM
JackCibor
Frequent Contributor
Has anyone seen an example of how you would create a catch all symbol in a the UniqueValueRenderer? I have a feature class with 184 possible values (and more can be added at any time). Most occur infrequently and a few occur with great frequency, so I would like to create a UniqueValueRenderer where the common values are give their own symbol and the others are given an "Other" symbol. Is the only way to do this by either adding a new field and changing all of those values to "Other" or by specifying a particular symbol for each value. Is there anyway to code that all other values should receive a particular symbol in XAML?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor
UniqueValueRenderer has a DefaultSymbol. You can set this Symbol property so that if the graphic Attribute did not match any of the UniqueValueInfo Value, it will get this symbol.
0 Kudos
JackCibor
Frequent Contributor
UniqueValueRenderer has a DefaultSymbol. You can set this Symbol property so that if the graphic Attribute did not match any of the UniqueValueInfo Value, it will get this symbol.

Thanks Jennifer, I checked the UniqueValueRenderer Members documentation at least three times and somehow missed that.
0 Kudos