Select to view content in your preferred language

Setting Pop-up windows in the map

Jump to solution
06-06-2012 01:46 AM
IkerBerasaluce
New Contributor III
Hello,
I'm not sure if this thread belongs in this forum, but since I can't find the correct one and I'm using the silverlight API in my development I will post it here. If this isn't the correct forum please tell me which is, thank you.
I am trying to use the code sample for Web Map Dynamic Service Popups (http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/silverlight/samples/start.htm#WebMapDynamicServicePopups). My problem is that the popup templates property in the dynamic layer is not enabled, so it shows the pop up window (with a little change in the code) but none of the information.
I tried enabling the pop up info using this help guide (http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisonline/help/index.html#/Configuring_pop_up_windows/010q0000004m00000...) and setting them is quite straitforward in the arcgis.com map (http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html) but I can't save the chnages in my service.
I'm not sure if this is the right path or if I have to set the pop ups while creating the map, before I upload it to my server.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
32 Replies
BarraLoubna
New Contributor
Hello, I managed to combine Identify a button in the toolbar that when I launch the application, the Identify window does not opens, until I click the button, it appears, empty

code:
<esri1:ToolbarItem x:Name="Identify" Text="Identify">
<esri1:ToolbarItem.Content>
<Button >
<Image Source="i_identify.png" Stretch="UniformToFill"/>
<i:Interaction.Triggers>
<i:EventTrigger EventName="Click">
<local:ToggleVisibilityAction TargetName="IdentifyBorder">
</local:ToggleVisibilityAction>
</i:EventTrigger>
</i:Interaction.Triggers>
</Button>
</esri1:ToolbarItem.Content>
</esri1:ToolbarItem>

what I want is that when I click the button nothing appears until I click on the map, then the Identify window opens with the information ...

I hope if someone can help me.

thank you very much.
0 Kudos
BarraLoubna
New Contributor
Hello, I managed to combine Identify a button in the toolbar that when I launch the application, the Identify window does not opens, until I click the button, it appears, empty

code:
<esri1:ToolbarItem x:Name="Identify" Text="Identify">
<esri1:ToolbarItem.Content>
<Button >
<Image Source="i_identify.png" Stretch="UniformToFill"/>
<i:Interaction.Triggers>
<i:EventTrigger EventName="Click">
<local:ToggleVisibilityAction TargetName="IdentifyBorder">
</local:ToggleVisibilityAction>
</i:EventTrigger>
</i:Interaction.Triggers>
</Button>
</esri1:ToolbarItem.Content>
</esri1:ToolbarItem>

what I want is that when I click the button nothing appears until I click on the map, then the Identify window opens with the information ...

I hope if someone can help me.

thank you very much.

Please, help me, someone have any idea
0 Kudos
IkerBerasaluce
New Contributor III
I finally managed to get this working. The problem was I was loading the map service from my server instead of the GUID that the ArcGIS Explorer OnLine had set to my service. Also I had to make the service public.
Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos