Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I clear the IE temp folder from Silverlight?

06-08-2012 05:30 PM
DennisGeasan
Occasional Contributor II
In my Silverlight app I preload several ArcGIS Server map services when the app starts.  Normally this works OK.  However, if a change is made to the map doc of one or more of the map services and the service is refreshed one of two problems occurs.  Sometimes the change does not appear in the SL app or more often, the app reports that the map service is no longer available.  The latter is a message I built it for when a dynamic or cached map service does not respond.  The modified map service is working because I can view the changes in ArcCatalog.  I have found that if I delete the temporary files of Internet Explorer then the changed map service appears with no problem.

Is there a way to have SL clear this automatically?  Is there something else I can do to avoid this issue?

Dennis Geasan
GIS Technologies
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor
Have you tried to manually clear the rest cache through the admin console (http://<host>/arcgis/rest/admin) after updating the service source?  I have found that usually fixes problems like you describe.

-Joe
Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
DennisGeasan
Yes I have tried that.  Sometimes it works but often not.  I have even restarted the ArcGIS Server services but still no joy.  Deleting the IE temp files on the client fixes the problem.  And this isn't restricted to just one client machine.  DG
0 Kudos
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor
To avoid using the client cache that might not reflect the latest server changes, you can set DisableClientCaching to true at layer level.
0 Kudos
DennisGeasan
I tried the DisableClientCaching=true option.  This doesn't appear to change anything.
DG
0 Kudos