Issue with ProjectionService

12-03-2012 04:45 AM
LuisGarcia2
Occasional Contributor II
I have a GraphicsLayer where I set up my ProjectionService like this:

ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Tasks.GeometryService geomser = new ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Tasks.GeometryService(myProjectionServiceURL);

myGraphicsLayer.ProjectionService = geomser;

The GeometryService I point it to is a server sitting in our company. This works well when I am working with a small set of data (around 300 to 500 graphics (MapPoint's in my case). The problem is that our application demands for it to handle more than that sometimes. If I push that number to say, 1500, or larger numbers like 3000, I can see it flicker when it is re-projecting. Also, during re-projections, the data disappear from the map completely (I guess it errors and does not return anything).
My question is, what can I do to improve this? I think there is a limit in the number of projections the server can handle, if so what would it be that number? Any suggestions, comments, code would be appreciated.
Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
vipulsoni
Occasional Contributor
I have a GraphicsLayer where I set up my ProjectionService like this:

ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Tasks.GeometryService geomser = new ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.Tasks.GeometryService(myProjectionServiceURL);

myGraphicsLayer.ProjectionService = geomser;

The GeometryService I point it to is a server sitting in our company. This works well when I am working with a small set of data (around 300 to 500 graphics (MapPoint's in my case). The problem is that our application demands for it to handle more than that sometimes. If I push that number to say, 1500, or larger numbers like 3000, I can see it flicker when it is re-projecting. Also, during re-projections, the data disappear from the map completely (I guess it errors and does not return anything).
My question is, what can I do to improve this? I think there is a limit in the number of projections the server can handle, if so what would it be that number? Any suggestions, comments, code would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi,

The Geometry Service for reprojection task is totally C.P.U dependent , for better performance you might consider to enhance the allocated cores for ArcGIS Server SOC.
0 Kudos