You need to be signed in to use spatial analysis. Error Message. Please Help.

11-27-2019 09:56 AM
AndrewMaloney
New Contributor

I am a college student who is studying the ArcGis platform independently.  I recently started the ArcGis Pro free trial and have been playing around with the features.  I have been practicing with the Python API and have been following this notebook sample:

Analysing the factors of growth and spatial distribution of Airbnb properties across New York City |... 

I have run into an error I do not understand.  Here is a screenshot:

It says I need to be signed in to use spatial analysis?  I have authorized my account to use the spatial analysis extension but that does not seem to do anything.  I have followed the code in the example notebook up to this point.  The only thing I had to do differently was to create my own map layers and upload them.  I am signed into my GIS account using the GIS() function as well.    Does anyone know what is going on?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeong_HoonKim
New Contributor II

Probably it is too late, but I would like to write down the solution for the future reference.

Today I also faced this error, and I could solve this issue by checking the following two steps.

1) Log-in to your account one more time after restart kernel

After restart kernel in the jupyter notebook, please re-login to your ArcGIS Online account.

gis = GIS("https://www.arcgis.com", "your_id", "your_password")

2) Check your layers try to use spatial analysis extension

I could find that the following link mentioning about this issue.

https://github.com/danioxoli/HotSpotAnalysis_Plugin/issues/36#issuecomment-509184014

"Try with your own data that must be a PROJECTED Shapefile (points or polygons) with at least a numeric attribute field with no missing data. The download procedure of demo data may corrupt the file and that's why it is not properly read by the plugin."

Although he says about the issue on QGIS, I could solve the issue on ArcGIS Pro as well.

I hope this can be helpful for you!

0 Kudos