What does 'mode' mean in WebMap layer properties?

Jump to solution
06-23-2022 07:40 AM
Clubdebambos
Occasional Contributor III

I am accessing an Operational Layer in a WebMap and updating some properties. There is a 'mode' property that is set to 1. What does mode mean? and what values will it accept? and what does each value correspond to?

The layer is not hosted in AGOL, it is added to AGOL from a federated Portal Service.

Heres how I am accessing the Operational Layer properties.

from arcgis import GIS
from arcgis.mapping import WebMap

agol = GIS("home")

wm_item = agol.content.get("***wm_id***")

wm = WebMap(wm_item)

lyr = wm.get_layer(title="Lyr_Name")

print(lyr)

Here's a snippet of the properties returned that contains mode.

{
  "id": "id",
  "layerType": "ArcGISFeatureLayer",
  "url": "url/of/feature/layer",
  "visibility": true,
  "opacity": 1,
  "mode": 1,
  "title": "Lyr_Name",
  "itemId": "***item_id",
  "layerDefinition": {

~ Mapping my way to retirement
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clubdebambos

This was answered here https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/434717/what-does-mode-mean-in-and-agol-webmap-operational-la...

The "mode" property is specific to feature layers, relates to how features are retrieved from the server in some web clients, and is documented at:

For example, it was a property used in the 3x version of the ArcGIS API for JavaScript, but is handled automatically in version 4.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Clubdebambos

This was answered here https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/434717/what-does-mode-mean-in-and-agol-webmap-operational-la...

The "mode" property is specific to feature layers, relates to how features are retrieved from the server in some web clients, and is documented at:

For example, it was a property used in the 3x version of the ArcGIS API for JavaScript, but is handled automatically in version 4.

0 Kudos