Using Streamlit with ArcGIS API for Python

12-09-2022 05:26 AM
Labels (2)
TomGeo
by
Occasional Contributor III

I was trying to use Streamlit with my arcgis pro python clone, and while I can install version 1.10.0 of Streamlit, I cannot import it.

import streamlit as st

returns the following 

File "C:\...\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\pro-py3-open30\lib\site-packages\pyarrow\__init__.py", line 69, in <module> from pyarrow.lib import (BuildInfo, RuntimeInfo, MonthDayNano, ImportError: cannot import name 'RuntimeInfo' from 'pyarrow.lib' (C:\...\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\pro-py3-open30\lib\site-packages\pyarrow\lib.cp39-win_amd64.pyd).

Does anybody made better experiences using Streamlit?

I also had to realize that Python 3.9.x is in 'security fix only' state and thereby the last version coming with a binary installer is 3.9.13... ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2 is using 3.9.11 and I was wondering with Python in stable release of 3.11.1, if ArcGIS Pro 3.1 will come with a more recent version of Python?

- We are living in the 21st century.
GIS moved on and nobody needs a format consisting out of at least three files! No, nobody needs shapefiles, not even for the sake of an exchange format. Folks, use GeoPackage to exchange data with other GIS!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

3.1 is pre-beta but the esri-build channel doesn't seem to be using python 3.10 but 3.9.16

Python :: Anaconda.org

I asked this..

Python 3.10... is it coming soon to Pro? - Esri Community

somewhat not expecting a response.

did you try a conda install prior to installing it? 

>>> conda install streamlit --dry-run

to see what would happen to your environment first?

... sort of retired...