Select to view content in your preferred language

Using python api to sign into enterprise portal?

10-31-2022 09:38 AM
RPGIS
by
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to configure my script to be able to request the user to sign into the portal, but the issue that I am facing is that the portal is set up using single sign. Is there a way to configure the script to require the user to sign in with a simple click of a button prompt like how we have it set currently or does it have to be manually configured every time? I have a script written for AGO which works fine, but is set up with the credentials stored manually.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't have SSO, so I can't speak to that specifically, but check out the authentication strategies page of the documentation: https://developers.arcgis.com/python/guide/working-with-different-authentication-schemes/

Personally, I use persistent profiles for my organization's scripts, and have a custom module that interactively helps users set up a profile if they do not already have one. But that's more for named users, not sure how much that would transfer to your situation. Maybe you can get an AppID for your script so that it's registered with your Portal?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
RPGIS
by
Frequent Contributor

Thank you jcarlson. I have read the documentation for the different authentication methods but I have yet to figure out how to configure the script using that documentation. This might also be a fairly big security risk, but if there is a way to have them sign in automatically would be really helpful. 

0 Kudos