Updating AGOL Notebook arcgis python api

11-04-2021 07:15 AM
DougZietz1
New Contributor III

This could be a two part question because I discovered one based on the roadblock of the other.

Preface: I have a customer that needs multiple maps generated on a daily basis for hard copy reports. I can compile pdfs but I need the screen caps of the maps that are generated and have run into a lot of issues.

Tried doing a screen shot using a mapview. That doesn't work in a task since I guess it needs to render in a browser manually to work.

Switched over to trying to use WebMap.print() but when I ran it, it gave me an error that it doesn't have that method. So I checked the documentation and it turns out that print() is only available in 1.9.0 and later. However, AGOL notebooks run 1.8.4 by default. I tried pip upgrading and it looked like it initially upgraded properly but it did change the error. I restarted the kernel and that just killed everything.

Am I missing something on the upgrade and/or when will the default be 1.9 or higher?

Also tried to pip install third party geospatial libraries to visualize the maps but that didn't seem to work because reasons...

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies