UnboundLocalError when calling 'Classified_Tiles' in prepare_data

Jump to solution
01-22-2020 01:52 PM
Highlighted
New Contributor II

I've exported Classfied_Tile formatted image chips from ArcGIS Pro to train a Unet Classifier. However, when setting up 'prepare_data' function I get an UnboundLocalError. I'm running this in Jupyter Lab

Input:

data = prepare_data(data_path, {1:'Ocean', 2:'Sand', 3:'Mud', 4:'Pond', 5:'Red Pond', 6:'Foam', 7:'Tundra', 8:'Bare', 9:'Mud' }, batch_size=16, dataset_type = 'Classified_Tiles') 

Output:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------UnboundLocalError                         Traceback (most recent call last)<ipython-input-9-ab7c0384d6f5> in <module>()      5 # however, this notebook leaves out the fact that you need to directly infer that to the script with 'dataset_type'      6 ----> 7 data = prepare_data(data_path, {1:'Ocean', 2:'Sand', 3:'Mud', 4:'Pond', 5:'Red Pond', 6:'Foam', 7:'Tundra', 8:'Bare', 9:'Mud' }, batch_size=16, dataset_type = 'Classified_Tiles')~\AppData\Local\ESRI\conda\envs\palm-detection\lib\site-packages\arcgis\learn\_data.py in prepare_data(path, class_mapping, chip_size, val_split_pct, batch_size, transforms, collate_fn, seed, dataset_type, resize_to, **kwargs)    463     elif dataset_type == 'Classified_Tiles':    464 --> 465         def get_y_func(x, ext=right):    466             return x.parents[1] / 'labels' / (x.stem + '.{}'.format(ext))    467  UnboundLocalError: local variable 'right' referenced before assignment

I should mention, I don't get this error when using PASCAL rectangles for SSO training. Looks like it has something to do with classified tiles format.

Can someone help me get around this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor II

I've updated ArcGIS Pro to 2.5.0 and it is now exporting the esri_accumulated_stats files I need to make this work.

I also had had to reclone the arcgis python3 environment and install the latest deep learning libraries that are recommended by esri.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Anyone from ESRI want to chime in on this??!!

Looking through the _data.py library, I think I know what's going on. prepare_data is expecting there to be a "esri_accumulated_stats.json" to be in the export directory that Pro creates when you export your training data. However, this file is never created in the process. In _data.py, it searchers for this .json, doesn't find it  and then jumps to a line (around 465) where "right" is called in a function, but "right" is declared outside of the scope. Attached to this post is a screen shot of the data directory that gets created during "Export Training Data for Deep Learning". 

I've updated Pro to 2.4.3 and it still does this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esri Contributor

You ESRI model definition file is missing, what is the version of your ArcGIS pro. Can you try again using ArcGIS pro 2.4 or above ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

I've updated ArcGIS Pro to 2.5.0 and it is now exporting the esri_accumulated_stats files I need to make this work.

I also had had to reclone the arcgis python3 environment and install the latest deep learning libraries that are recommended by esri.

View solution in original post