reassign_to fails if the user owns a feature layer view

08-03-2017 07:40 AM
TedChapin
Occasional Contributor III

User.reassign_to() fails if the user owns a feature layer view. The error message is "Unable to reassign item. This service item has a related view or ogc service item".

You can use the UI to manually change the item ownership:

1) if you change ownership on the feature layer, both the feature layer AND the view get transferred.

2) if you change ownership on the view, you get an error "Some items were not reassigned because they have dependencies on other items." Neither the feature layer nor the view get transferred.

3) if you change ownership of the feature layer and view at the same time, you still get the error "Some items were not reassigned because they have dependencies on other items." But, BOTH the feature layer and the view get reassigned.

Buggy.

3 Replies
James_Whitacre
Occasional Contributor

This is clearly still an issue/bug. Additionally, when I changed the owner for a hosted feature layer and associated views, I keep getting:

Unable to add layer [layer name]
Unable to establish a secure HTTPS connection to the layer. The layer, [layer name], cannot be added to the map.

Now the maps that use the main hosted feature layer don't work, but the views work just fine...makes not sense.

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
James_Whitacre
Occasional Contributor

Quick update on this...

I was able to go to https://<web server hostname>/arcgis/rest/adminservices/<service name./FeatureServer/refresh (<web server hostname. was my ArcGIS Online REST URL) to restore everything to normal...but, this was a bit scary...

0 Kudos
cmerwin
New Contributor II

James, 

I am entirely unfamiliar with the above process. Could you please elaborate in simpler terms? 🙂 

0 Kudos