Publish service from Spatial Data frame

Jump to solution
11-15-2021 11:09 AM
KrishV
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, 

I'm reading data from local geodatabase and creating SDF.

When publishing to hosted feature layer using to_featurelayer(name, gis) the service is getting published with the weird name.

Is there anyway I can publish the hosted feature service with proper name using to_featurelayer method?

Thanks,

Krish

Is there 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@KrishVyour observation is correct and this behavior is by design in the current versions of the Python API. The API applies the specified title to the item, however uses a short GUID for the service name (to avoid service name collision should another with the same name exist).

If you'd like to request this as an enhancement, please feel free to post it in the 'Ideas' section where other users can comment and vote.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@KrishVyour observation is correct and this behavior is by design in the current versions of the Python API. The API applies the specified title to the item, however uses a short GUID for the service name (to avoid service name collision should another with the same name exist).

If you'd like to request this as an enhancement, please feel free to post it in the 'Ideas' section where other users can comment and vote.

KrishV
by

Hi @Anonymous User ,

Thanks for your response. Is there any way I can change the Service Name after Publishing using ArcGIS API for Python?

Thanks,

Krish

0 Kudos
KrishV
by
0 Kudos