Is it possible to use the Python API to update references to layers in ArcGIS Online maps, story maps, and web apps?

Jump to solution
07-03-2017 09:34 AM
mfcallahan
Occasional Contributor II

What I'm specifically looking to do is update references to demographic layers I don't own in any/all content within my organization.  For example, I would like to search for any users' story maps or web apps that are referencing the 2016 Tapestry Segmentation layer, and update those maps and apps to point to the 2017 Tapestry layer instead.  I found some information about how to update my own hosted feature services by creating a service definition file and publishing/overwriting the existing in a Python script here, but I'm wondering if this can be done using layers from the Esri Living Atlas and other sources that I do not own or am not able to otherwise update the feature layer itself.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GünterDörffel
Occasional Contributor III

Thats actually one of THE topics 🙂 See this example in the documentation to start with. In addition, the sample Jupyter notebooks available on GitHub might help.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
GünterDörffel

Thats actually one of THE topics 🙂 See this example in the documentation to start with. In addition, the sample Jupyter notebooks available on GitHub might help.

mfcallahan
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks - this is very helpful.

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud

Hi,

I was hoping you might repost the link in your reply above for the example in the documentation. When I click on the link I just get an error.

Thanks!,
Kathy

0 Kudos
JohnYaist1
Esri Contributor

Hi @kmsmikrud  - Change the upper case GIS in the link to a lower case gis and that will take you to the correct guide page.

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud

Thank-you jyaist-esristaff‌!!

0 Kudos