Granting Licenses to New Users - gis.license.all() returns empty list

04-22-2022 10:32 AM
JCGuarneri
Occasional Contributor II

I'm working on a notebook to migrate our organization's enterprise usernames over to email addresses (to facilitate Azure single sign-on). I have most of the kinks worked out, but the one thing I haven't been able to automate just yet is the licensing. I can't delete any users that have licenses assigned, and I want to assign the same licenses to the replacement username. My problem is that the license manager seems to think I don't have any licenses. However, when I go through the Portal GUI, I can see that I have licenses available and assigned for Pro, Insights, etc.

Here's an example of what I get when I try license.all() or license.get():

JCGuarneri_0-1650648508135.png

And here's what I get when I pull the provisions property for a user with Pro and Insights:

JCGuarneri_1-1650648647089.png

Does anyone have any thoughts? This is my first time working with the license manager, so it's entirely possible I've missed something obvious.

Tags (3)
4 Replies
TeddyArnold
New Contributor

Did you get any resolution on this? I am seeing the same issue after an update from 10.7.1 to 10.9.1. 

JCGuarneri
Occasional Contributor II

Unfortunately, I haven't. In the end I decided that for the number of users I have licenses assigned to, it will be easy enough to just manually unassign licenses and assign them to the new users after the notebook runs.

0 Kudos
TeddyArnold
New Contributor

Thanks for the quick response! Unfortunate as it may be. 

YukoOliver
New Contributor III

I also have the same issue. It works perfectly for our AGOL users, but not for the enterprise users. We are upgrading to enterprise 10.9.1, so hopefully it'll work after the upgrade.

0 Kudos