Select to view content in your preferred language

delete_features() maximum limits?

Jump to solution
12-06-2022 08:09 AM
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

I have a hosted Notebook running on our AOGL org that performs a data sunset/delete on hosted services after a specified number of days using a where statement in the delete_features() as well as Future=True.

In most cases this works, but in some instances, it seems to stop the deletion process after submitting the request.  Recent execution attempted to delete 1.5 million features from a hosted service but only about 550,000 features are deleted.

I checked this by determining the initial count of features to delete then navigating to the service query task endpoint and running the same where filter to get a feature count.  As it stands (about 1 hour later):

Initial count: 1.5 million features

Current count: 950,500 features

Is there some kind of limit I am running into here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Just from my own observations by looking at result counts from querying the service pre/post delete, it's pretty obvious that there's a 500,000 maximum limit on the number of features the delete request processes with Future=True argument.

I have not confirmed this with ESRI or found info in the documentation tho, just my quick/simple checks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

Just from my own observations by looking at result counts from querying the service pre/post delete, it's pretty obvious that there's a 500,000 maximum limit on the number of features the delete request processes with Future=True argument.

I have not confirmed this with ESRI or found info in the documentation tho, just my quick/simple checks.

0 Kudos