Conda not updating, NumPy unicode escape error

02-24-2017 09:18 AM
ZacharyNeumann1
New Contributor III

Please see github ticket.

Using conda installed with ArGIS Pro 1.4. I do not have anaconda installed (I didn't think I needed it) see ESRI Docs.

PS C:\Users\zneumann> conda update conda Fetching package metadata: ...... Solving package specifications: .........  # All requested packages already installed. # packages in environment at C:\Users\zneumann\AppData\Local\Programs\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python: # conda                     4.0.11                   py35_0

How do I update to latest version of conda? I'm getting a numpy unicode escape error which apparently has been resolved in newer versions of conda.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Why don't you update to 1.4.1 to see if it goes away... The package manager that is builtin to Pro is a better way of managing your packages

ZacharyNeumann1
New Contributor III

I am using 1.4.1

0 Kudos
ZacharyNeumann1
New Contributor III

How would I update conda? Or resolve my issue with the numpy unicode escape error when I try to import numpy? Looks like I have an old version of conda that didn't accurately escape backslashes (see github ticket). Btw, I haven't done much as far as install or managing packages (didn't want to muck up ESRI's installation), maybe I should reinstall/repair the download? I may have accidently installed the arcgis API twice, though once through the package manager and once through command line. I don't know if that's an issue.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I find the error message strange then, since I use numpy all the time without issue.  Perhaps the root cause lies elsewhere.

ZacharyNeumann1
New Contributor III

I failed to read the ArcGIS Pro documentation and jumped straight into the API documentation. I never ran proenv and was probably doing things in a strange way. I fixed my issue and all is ok. Thanks!