Clarify user esri_access in arcgis api for python

Jump to solution
05-30-2018 03:13 PM
AdamMesser1
New Contributor III

The api documentation suggest the esri_access function of the user class is a means of enabling/disabling esri access. In v 1.4.1 this is not functioning, perhaps because user.esri_access is defined twice. The first sets an attribute of the user which returns user_type. This appears to take priority over the second which is a function to set the user_type, as noted in the documentation. In addition user.update includes user_type=None in the function but does not include that parameter in the arguments. Can you clarify the future functionality for user.esri_access? And with that, is there a reason the ability to set user_type is not included as a parameter in user.update? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamMesser1
New Contributor III

When I asked this question, I did not understand that user.esri_access is set up as a getter and a setter. To set you designate user.esri_access = True. The documentation provides guidance on this. It would save a step if enabling esri_access was included with user.update.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AdamMesser1
New Contributor III

When I asked this question, I did not understand that user.esri_access is set up as a getter and a setter. To set you designate user.esri_access = True. The documentation provides guidance on this. It would save a step if enabling esri_access was included with user.update.

0 Kudos