Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot install ArcGIS API for Python for conda or for pip

11-28-2022 01:05 PM
nnaemekadavid
New Contributor II

I tried running: "pipenv install arcgis" and the installation runs forever and I had to stop it after thirty minutes. I then used conda with "conda install -c esri arcgis" and when I opened a jupyter notebook it says that it cannot find the package among conda packages. 

Please how can I resolve any of these problems? For conda I run python 3.9 and for pipenv it is on python 3.8. 

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
nnaemekadavid
New Contributor II

For pipenv I ran it again to make sure and it exited with error. It exited when it was about to build the wheel on WSL Ubuntu. 

0 Kudos
Brian_Wilson
Regular Contributor II

Maybe you installed arcgis into a different environment than the one that you use in jupyter notebook?

Maybe do "conda info --all" and show us what it says?

0 Kudos
nnaemekadavid
New Contributor II

I ran "conda info --all" and it gave me a long output but I knew that the environment I created was not there. so I did "conda info --envs" and I saw that the environment I created has not been registered. 

Please, can you give me a breakdown of how to install arcgis on my windows 10 so I can start using it. Would much appreciate that. Thanks

0 Kudos
Brian_Wilson
Regular Contributor II

I wrote a long winded piece but then got to the stage of "conda create --name=test -c esri arcpy" and it's spinning. I am going for coffee.  I'm thinking this needs to be worked out in a blog posting. Computers are such a pain some days. Most days.

0 Kudos