Can one store multiple sets of credentials in .arcgisprofile?

Jump to solution
12-27-2017 07:37 AM
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

Is there a way to store multiple sets of credentials in .arcgisprofile? It appears that each call I make to arcgis.gis.GIS to establish a set of credentials overwrites the contents of .arcgisprofile, such that it only contains the more recent set of credentials.

Since the file contains the profile name, I'm hoping there is a way to store multiple sets of credentials there, and perhaps someone can point me in the right direction?

For instance, I often find myself wanting to quickly switch back-and-forth between our Production and our Development environments in Jupyter notebooks, maybe in the same notebook, or maybe in two notebooks running side-by-side. I would like to do that by simply specifying gis = GIS(profile='prod') or GIS(profile='dev'), rather than having to provide the fuller set of credential information each time.

Thanks!

-peter

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Peter, currently this is not possible. However, its an interesting idea that we discussed internally and decided to leave it as is, to keep things simple. Can I request you to post this in the ArcGIS Ideas site so other users can vote? It helps us understand requirements and prioritize them.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Peter, currently this is not possible. However, its an interesting idea that we discussed internally and decided to leave it as is, to keep things simple. Can I request you to post this in the ArcGIS Ideas site so other users can vote? It helps us understand requirements and prioritize them.

PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks, Atma Mani‌. I have submitted it to the ArcGIS Ideas site:

Support multiple authentication profiles in ArcGIS API for Python