GraphicsLayer behind MapImageLayer?

Jump to solution
11-25-2020 02:29 PM
esri
by
Occasional Contributor III

Is it not possible to put a GraphicsLayer behind a MapImageLayer?

I have a MapImageLayer that contains an electric span sublayer, and I have a Flask web services that traces from a selected span upstream back to the substation and it returns all the connected span's OBJECTIDs, which I then use to query and display the results in the GraphicsLayer.

However, no matter what order I add the GraphicsLayer, it's always on top of the MapImageLayer but I want it to be underneath so that the user can still see the spans and other layers in the MapImageLayer.

Is this not possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

Hi @esri ,

This is not possible.

Graphics layers can be reordered within the group of graphics layers. However, the graphics layer in Map.graphics is always on top. Also, all graphics layers are always on top of TiledMapServiceLayers andDynamicMapServiceLayers.

Alternatively, you can create an empty feature layer and add the features to the empty layer when required to display the results and this will allow you to control the layer order.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Manish

Cheers,
Manish

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

Hi @esri ,

This is not possible.

Graphics layers can be reordered within the group of graphics layers. However, the graphics layer in Map.graphics is always on top. Also, all graphics layers are always on top of TiledMapServiceLayers andDynamicMapServiceLayers.

Alternatively, you can create an empty feature layer and add the features to the empty layer when required to display the results and this will allow you to control the layer order.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Manish

Cheers,
Manish

View solution in original post

esri
by
Occasional Contributor III

Alright, thanks, I'll try a client-side FeatureLayer

0 Kudos