Map is not completing the load

05-03-2022 01:52 AM
PeterJohansson
New Contributor II

Hi!

We've run into a strange issue, and we can't seem to figure this one out.

We are using React (v17.0.2, react-scripts 4.0.3), and the ES modules of Arcgis (4.23.7). We are loading the map like this:

import MapView from '@arcgis/core/views/MapView';
import Map from '@arcgis/core/Map';

const map = new Map({
  basemap: 'arcgis-navigation',
});

const view = new MapView({
  container, // container is a ref to a html element div
  map
});

We are running this in a react component - using Create-React-App, and when running this using the development mode (react-scripts start) - unminified - it is loading perfectly fine and working really well:

PeterJohansson_0-1651567701564.png

However - when create a minified build (react-scripts build) and serve it from there - it stops mid-loading after the VectorTileServer call - which seems to respond well with the same results as the unminified one. I've gone through and checked every call Arcgis makes and they all match up perfectly - the only difference is that it won't go on and load the next call. How could this be?

PeterJohansson_1-1651567827462.png

I wonder what could be causing this - and I would gladly take any ideas on how to troubleshoot this.

I have created a minimal repository at github to reproduce this:

https://github.com/mikael-mansson/arcgis-test

This will fire up a simple map - and it works fine when running:

yarn
yarn start

It won't work when running:

yarn
yarn build
yarn global add serve
serve -s build

Thank you

Peter

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

You might need to update your browser list as described here.

https://github.com/Esri/jsapi-resources/tree/master/esm-samples/jsapi-create-react-app#misc

Edit 1:

Nevermind, looking at your project, I see you did. I can look at this later today.

Edit 2:

I don't know, your repro app works fine. I tried with yarn and npm, no issues. Does this happen on a particular browser/os? I tested on Mac with Chrome, FF, and Safari.

PeterJohansson
New Contributor II

Thanks ReneRubalcava for testing it out - it's strange - when I clone it again myself it's working fine.

Anyway it still didn't work in my original application - but I solved it by updating arcgis/core to 4.24.0-next.20220502

0 Kudos
AndrewSouthern
Occasional Contributor

I'm experiencing something similar.  Using React 17 in dev mode the AGO webmap loads as expected.  Run build and the web map does not load at all, although I see the esri-view-root div added to the DOM.  I noticed the canvas tag, shown below in dev mode, is missing from the DOM when running the production build version of the app:

AndrewSouthern_0-1652139601635.png

Thanks to your suggesting I updated to 4.24 and the problem seems to be resolved.

0 Kudos