How can I return partial data using REST SOE operations while executing my operation in background.

08-06-2015 12:20 AM
PhanindraDulam1
New Contributor II

Hello Everybody

I would like to know how can I return partial data instead of waiting for complete my search operation (REST SOE) and returns the complete data (Vast data) at end.

Eg: If I request the process REST operation “Search Request” and make another request to the process  REST Operation “Search Results”. Here I want the process “Search Request” to be running in the background while getting the results from “Search Results”.

Can you please anybody help me.

Regards,

Phanindra

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

you can use the pattern that use Esri for asynchronous task. You can see, for example, Export Tile ArcGIS REST API where the operation return a jobId and jobStatus. The operation return immediately jobId that you use in subsequent calls to method and when the jobStatus return 'Successed' (completed job) you get result. Your client check every x seconds the status of job.

0 Kudos
PhanindraDulam1
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.

As per my knowledge these all will work for which are executed Asynchronously. But I am not sure how we can implement same Asynchronous operations in custom SOE.

0 Kudos