Detailed/nitpicky customization of Legend

Jump to solution
10-09-2015 10:48 AM
ZoeZaloudek
Occasional Contributor

I’m sure I’m just one line of code away from getting this to work just right!

In my code, I have a feature layer that is being symbolized with a class breaks renderer.  I also have a Legend (Dijit?).  The Title, color swatches and class labels are all showing up OK.  However, the legend is also showing what attribute field the renderer is using.  I’m guessing that I just need to add a line and use CSS (esriLegendServiceLabel?) to get this to go away, but I just can’t quite figure out what to put. 

Here’s a screenshot. I circled the field name that I want not to display in light blue.

currentlegend.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JonMorris2
Occasional Contributor II

Don't know if it helps, but this blog post suggests adding a title in order to remove it. Not sure how that works exactly

Don’t like layer title displayed by default? Add the title property into the layerInfos array.

layerInfos: [{
  layer: layer,
  title: "National Park Statistics 2013"
}]

Maybe title: "" would clear it.

I've been struggling to produce a legend, and I don't think this widget works very well. Probably it is best to roll our own.

0 Kudos
ZoeZaloudek
Occasional Contributor

Well, after months of working on other things, I inadvertently stumbled upon a work-around that removed the field name from the legend.  I'm now using version 3.16.

I set the attributeField property of the ClassBreaksRenderer to a function (instead of just giving it the name of a field).

So, the line of code that creates my ClassBreaksRenderer is:

flyrRenderer = new CBRenderer(null, rendfunc0);

And the function that determines the values (located just above the renderer-creating line) is:

rendfunc0 = function(feature)  {
    var value = (feature.attributes)[field];
    return value;
}

I kept everything else the same - setting class breaks, symbols, etc.  And now there is no field name showing up in the legend.

This accomplishes the task I was setting out to do...  There may be a better answer out there (perhaps in JS API 4?).

0 Kudos