Arcgis Javascript API - how to show 10000 vehicle locations updated every second

Jump to solution
04-30-2021 03:13 AM
FrancoisLoubser
New Contributor

I would like to use the ArcGIS Javascript API to create a map that shows 10000 vehicle locations updated every second in real-time. Not sure whether this is possible in ArcGIS, since I have not seen any examples that do this. I would like to use a simple circle marker or even better a circle with an arrow or a vehicle GIF pointing in the direction of travel.

I'm not sure which of the example code would be most appropriate to start with, and I'm also not certain what the most efficient way would be to do this. I would like the map to not be redrawn unless a zoom or pan occurs. Just the markers have to move on the map. Only the markers that are visible can be drawn. What is the most efficient way of doing this and what starter code example should I be looking at to do this?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like what you want to use a StreamLayer. Normally this data would be in a GeoEvent server, but the StreamLayer does support a custom web socket service. It's designed specifically for fast updates like this.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ReneRubalcava
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like what you want to use a StreamLayer. Normally this data would be in a GeoEvent server, but the StreamLayer does support a custom web socket service. It's designed specifically for fast updates like this.